Commercial buildings are quite different from residential one, be it the interior or exterior features. One of the most vital features of a building is its roof, since it basically protects the entire interior of a building from any external element. King Koating is a professional flat roof company providing clients with credible service. There are many kinds of roof out there – the flat roof or slanting roof, with each having its own merits and demerits. However, flat roofs are the best option for commercial structures, and here is why;
- Costs of installing flat roofs are considerable cheaper than slanting roofs, since the latter is more complex. Flat roofs not only add value and beauty to the commercial structure but also durable and easy to maintain.
- Another benefit of installing a flat roof over a slanting roof is the fact that flat roofs do not have slopes like the latter. This makes them a bit considerably safer than the slanting roof as people are less likely to slip and fall over. In a commercial organization, employees can utilise the roofing area as a sort of rest zone during lunch breaks; it can also serve as a perfect spot to feel rejuvenated and relax after a stressful day at work.
- Perhaps not as much as the slanting roof, flat roofs also have a slight slope to enable water to flow through freely. This will help prevent stagnant water on the roof, which in turn ultimately extends the lifespan of your roof.
- Since flat roofs are less complex to install, they require less labour and fewer materials. In addition, it can be installed and set up much quicker with lesser materials. Thus, making it a match made in heaven for a commercial building.
- Another important benefit of flat roof is that it can help maximize the potential of the roofing space you have. This space can be put to use in many different ways. For instance, it can serve as a perfect place to fit in chairs or benches making it a perfect relaxation spot. Also you can decide to set up a garden at the top of the roof, thus enhancing the beauty of your commercial building. On the other hand, the placement of slanting beams which is usually used in the case of slanting roofs results in an absolute and needless waste of roofing space, which could have been obviously utilized in a more creative way
Just like every other roof type, flat roof requires regular maintenance. This needs to be done by professional and capable hands to ensure long lasting result. After all, installation of a roof is a good investment that also has to be maintained periodically to keep it in a good shape. Checks and inspection to fix cracks or leaks should be done annually. This can go a long way in prolonging the lifespan of the roof.